Alpha Maxx is a male enhancement supplement made by Biosciences Nutritios and sold on Amazon.com and other online retail websites.
Promising to improve satisfaction and the overall sexual experience for both partners, it claims to work both immediately and over the longer term period.
We took a detailed look into the formula, the price, and a wide array of customer feedback to determine whether or not Alpha Maxx is a product you can feel good about purchasing and using.
Alpha Maxx Benefits
In this respect, Alpha Maxx is similar to most products of its kind.
By taking it regularly, you’ll improve both overall and sexual health, with particular emphasis on:
- Boosted libido.
- Increased natural testosterone production.
- Bigger, harder erections.
- Lasting energy and stamina.
How Alpha Maxx Works
Alpha Maxx focuses on three main areas of improvement – Testosterone, Nitric Oxide, and Aphrodisiacs.
As men get older, our bodies produce less testosterone than they did when we were younger.
Less testosterone translates into less energy, less vitality, reduced sex drive, and sometimes even difficulty getting and maintaining erections.
Some of the ingredients in the Alpha Maxx formula are aimed at increasing your body’s natural testosterone.
We’ll talk a little more in the ingredients section about how this actually works.
Nitric Oxide is a chemical made within your body.
It opens up blood vessels, increasing the amount of blood that flows through.
This is important to healthy, strong erections since essentially what an erection is is blood rushing into the penile tissue.
The more blood that enters and stays there, the better your erection.
Aphrodisiacs increase your libido and drive, producing obvious benefits to your sex life.
Alpha Maxx Ingredients
The Alpha Maxx formula is made up of 17 ingredients, some of which make up a proprietary blend.
The 4 individually listed ingredients are:
- Tongkat Ali (400 mg) which is believed to increase the amount of free testosterone in your body by inhibiting the action of SHBG, which binds itself to free testosterone, making it effectively useless.
- Maca Root Extract (250 mg) which is an ancient herbal aphrodisiac from Brazil, long used to increase libido and improve mood.
- L-Arginine (250 mg) which is a precursor to nitric oxide, which as we explained above, opens up blood vessels so more blood can flow through for better erections.
- Ginseng (125mg) which boosts energy and like l-arginine, may improve blood flow.
The remainder of the ingredients are all found in a 745 mg proprietary blend.
- Sarsaparilla which may contain chemicals that can be converted to testosterone in the body.
According to WebMD, however, this has not been proven.
- Pumpkin Seed which contains several minerals (zinc and magnesium in particular) that are crucial to the body’s testosterone production process.
- Muira Puama which is known as an herbal aphrodisiac.
- Oat Straw which is believed to increase free testosterone levels.
- Nettle which supports the health of the prostate.
It used to be believed to help improve testosterone levels as well, but this is no longer the case
- Cayenne Pepper which improves circulation in much the same way as nitric oxide, leading to better erections.
- Astragalus which may support healthy testosterone levels.
- Catuaba Bark which is another herbal aphrodisiac, commonly used to boost libido.
- Licorice which depending on who you believe can either increase or decrease testosterone levels.
- Tribulus Terrestris which has long been believed to increase the body’s natural production of testosterone.
While scientific evidence doesn’t support this, it does support its effectiveness in the male enhancement arena. (LINK TO )
- Orchic Substance which comes from the testicles of bulls and is believed to increase testosterone.
- Oyster Extract which contains an abundance of zinc, used by the body in the chemical process of testosterone production.
- Boron which has been shown to increase testosterone levels in rats, but the studies have not been successfully repeated in humans.
The Alpha Maxx formula is a lot like that of many of the supplements we test.
It contains a well rounded list of components that may very well improve your sexual experience.
On the other hand, the ingredients amounts within the formula may not be at high enough levels to be effective. Take Maca Root Extract, for instance.
The daily dose within Alpha Maxx is 250 mg, while the standard recommended daily dose is between 1500-3000 mg.
This is a big difference and likely means that you won’t achieve the full potential benefit of the Maca in the formula.
L-Argnine is another striking example.
The daily recommended dose for erectile dysfunction is between 3 and 5 grams per day, which Alpha Maxx delivers just 250 mg per day.
The 745 mg proprietary blend is made up of 13 different ingredients, making it a strong likelihood that some of the components come up short as well.
Alpha Maxx Customer Feedback
Alpha Maxx is sold on Amazon, and that means Amazon customer reviews.
At the time of this writing, the count is at a whopping 572 reviews, with an average of 3 ½ stars.
Here’s how that breaks down:
As is often the case, this is a love/hate set of reviews, the vast majority being either very much in favor of the product or very much against it.
When we see this type of breakdown, it’s important to drill deeper and see what it is about Alpha Maxx that customers are loving or hating.
A look at the 5-star reviews shows most of them are short and sweet, simply saying that the product works as expected:
You’ll note that most of these 5 star reviews come from “Verified Purchases” meaning that the people who submitted the reviews are verified to have actually purchased the product.
The 1-Star reviews are very similar in that they are also short and to the point, mainly just simply stating that it did not work as expected.
These are also verified purchases:
This disparity in customer results is actually very typical.
Certainly no supplement can work for everyone.
There are lots of different causes for erectile and sexual dysfunction, so it stands to reason that one supplement would not necessarily have the ability to address them all.
A customer’s perception is also often based largely on their expectations of the product.
Since most of the reviews we’ve seen are from verified purchasers, we’ll assume they’re valid and chalk up the differences to “you can’t please all the people all the time”.
Where to Buy
As we’ve noted, you can purchase Alpha Maxx through Amazon.
A one-time purchase of a single bottle containing a one month supply costs $21.95, which is at the low end of the range of this type of product.Also available is the “Subscribe and Save” option price which requires a monthly commitment and costs $20.85 per month.
Currently, Amazon is the primary distributor of all Bioscience Nutrition products.There appears to be a website in the works, but at this time, it’s listed as “under construction”.
I’ve also seen Alpha Maxx being sold at eBay for about $25 a bottle.
Alpha Maxx Pros and Cons
Advantages of Alpha Maxx
- The complete ingredients list is available and made up of all natural components.
- The price is reasonable, even without needed to sign up for a subscription.
- The vast majority of customer reviews are favorable.
Disadvantages of Alpha Maxx
- Some of the ingredient amounts are too small (well below the clinical dosages) to be considered effective.
- A significant number of Amazon customers have found Alpha Maxx not to work for them.
Alpha Maxx – The Bottom Line
Alpha Maxx uses a well-rounded collection of effective ingredients to boost male sexual performance.When compared with other products I’ve researched and tested, it falls solidly in the middle of the road.
Most users are happy with their results, stating it has improved their performance and pleasure.
Others have not had such positive results, but the majority clearly has.
The price point is another notch in Alpha Maxx’s favor.At just over $20 (and available for Prime Shipping), it comes in well below many products of its kind.
Taking these two points together – reviews and price – Alpha Maxx gets my recommendation as a good supplement to try.While you may fall into the category of users that doesn’t get your hoped for results, the $20 point of entry means the financial risk of trying is relatively small.But judging by the majority of reviews, chances are you’ll see some real benefit.
Have You Used Alpha Maxx?
Leave Your Review Below!
Top 3 Male EnhancementAffiliate Disclosure
Honorable Mention/Inexpensive Alternative: Magnum Rings
Magnum Rings are a VERY affordable option to getting both girth and length gains, at a fraction of the price of the Bathmate or Phallosan Forte.
Click Here to see our full Magnum Rings review.