Alpha JYM Overview
Testosterone is the most important male hormone for feeling your best.
You need it for energy, for lean muscle growth and maintenance, fat loss, and sex drive. Basically, you need it to be a man.
Problem is that you lose it as you you age.
For that reason, a testosterone booster is an excellent dietary choice.
They’re meant to jump start your body’s natural testosterone production process and put you back on top of your game.
I’m always on the look out for a great testosterone booster.
If you’re reading this, I’m sure you’ve seen just how deceiving a t-booster can be, depending on the brand.
Whether its flashy marketing or a no-gain formula, it can be frustrating to find one to meet your needs.
Let’s take a look the Alpha JYM formula and see how it does.
Alpha JYM Ingredients and How They Work
Alpha JYM caught my eye because the brand seemed to be very concerned with the idea of proper dosing and full disclosure.
That’s important as many testosterone boosters out there will make big promises but cut you short on the proven dosages needed to achieve the full effect.
In keeping with the company philosophy of full dosing and full disclosure, Alpha JYM lists all of the ingredients and amounts.
That means there’s no guesswork, which is common with proprietary blends.
Fenugreek Extract (1,000 mg per serving)
- Alpha JYM plainly lists the potential benefits of Fenugreek Extract on their website, which includes boosting the body’s natural testosterone production by increasing free and available testosterone levels.
It is also is said to prevent the conversion of testosterone to estrogen and DHT.
The problem with the first claim is that it is unfounded.
No current studies exist to support the idea that Fenugreek is a potent testosterone booster.As for Fenugreek blocking the conversion of testosterone to DHT, it has been shown to do just that.
What you are left with is an ingredient that is going to be a potential troublemaker.
Since it doesn’t promote testosterone production but does block DHT, a testosterone by-product, it is opening the floodgates for your estrogen to be left unchecked.
DHT, while receiving a bad name due to its association with hair loss, is a necessary androgen as it helps to regulate your estrogen levels.
When estrogen increases in your body and testosterone decreases, you will begin to notice undesirable side effects such as the dreaded “man boobs.”
Ashwagandha Extract (1,000 mg per serving)
- Used within many libido boosters, Ashwagandha is one of the few natural ingredients that has shown promise as a testosterone booster.
Ashwagandha is a shrub that has been used in natural medicine for thousands of years.
Hosting an impressive resume with its antioxidant properties, this extract has been demonstrated to prevent oxidative damage to the cells that produce testosterone.In fact, one study showed a 17% increase in testosterone production over the course of 90 days. (“Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study” November 2013. Para. 1)
Damiana Extract (1,000 mg per serving)
- Again, another shrub that is more commonly found within libido enhancers, Damiana has been a hot topic ingredient in the supplement industry as of late due to its reported estrogen blocking properties.
Although studies are lacking, evidence is slowly growing to support the idea of Damiana as an estrogen stabilizer.
One study involving mice showed positive results with Damiana significantly suppressing aromatase activity. (“Anti-aromatase activity of the constituents from damiana (Turnera diffusa))” December 2008. Para. 1) Damiana has also been shown to promote healthy levels of nitric oxide, which makes it ideal for increasing libido and enhancing workout performance.
DIM (500 mg per serving)
- Found within super vegetables such as kale, broccoli, and cauliflower, Diindolylmethane, or DIM, features a number of anticarcinogenic properties.
This supplement has become newsworthy in the realm of cancer research and, more recently, for men looking to boost their testosterone.
Although studies are difficult to come by, DIM has been reported by users to be an excellent estrogen reducer.
Essentially, DIM takes strong estrogen and converts it to weaker forms of estrogen to do less damage.
Eurycoma Longfoli (200 mg per serving)
- Also referred to as Tongkat Ali, Eurycoma Longfol is a native tree to Malaysia and Thailand.
Like many of the ingredients on this list, Eurycoma Longfol is found within many libido boosters.
One of the few trusted testosterone boosting supplements, Eurycoma Longfol has the science to back it up.
It has been shown to increase testosterone levels.
Several studies have shown that t-levels improve significantly when adding in Eurycoma Longfol to a healthy supplement plan. (“Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects” 26 May 2013. Para. 3)
Quercetin (500 mg per serving)
- Found in red wine, Quercetin does something remarkable with testosterone; so much so that the World Doping Agency is considering adding the tableside alcoholic beverage to the list of banned substances.
The Quercetin found in red wine helps to prevent testosterone loss by blocking signals to excrete the free testosterone in your body.
Several studies have confirmed this and there is even a warning for women who thoroughly enjoy a glass a night.
For men, this news couldn’t be better but you can avoid the extra calories simply by taking it in supplement form.
How To Take Alpha JYM
One bottle contains 180 capsules.
Assuming you follow the instructions as stated, Alpha JYM provides a full month supply.
You are recommended to take 3 capsules twice per day.
On training days, take one hour before your workout and another in the morning or night.
On non-training days, follow the simple one in the morning, one at night method.
Pros and Cons
Advantages of Alpha JYM
- Very cost effective ($30 per bottle plus shipping and handling)
- No mystery label: The ingredients and amounts are fully disclosed and explained
- It works on all aspects of boosting testosterone, including production, freeing it up, and keeping it from converting to estrogen.
Disadvantages of Alpha JYM
- Includes the ingredien Fenugreek Extract, which has been shown to block DHT, an estrogen stabilizer
- Sold through second party websites; therefore a traditional money back guarantee is not available
- Quality, in-depth reviews are lacking
Reviews for Alpha JYM
Alpha JYM has received predominately favorable reviews upon the Bodybuilding.com website.
If you scan through these reviews; however, credibility may become an issue.
A lot of these reviews seem to be from fan boys of Dr. Jim Stoppani, the man behind the product.
One comforting discovery is that, like many marketing driven t-boosters, Alpha JYM does not have a collection of clearly biased and paid for reviews.
The reviews you find, while low in spelling quality, present the idea of being genuine.
Where to Buy
The best place to purchase Alpha JYM is on the Bodybuilding.com website.
It is sold for $30 plus the cost of applicable taxes and shipping and handling.
Overall, Alpha JYM is worth a try.You have a testosterone booster that features six ingredients, five of which have impressive resumes.
With a 2 month supply at only $30 (plus taxes and shipping and handling), you cannot beat this price.Even if boosting your age declined testosterone levels isn’t your priority, I believe that Alpha JYM would also be a great addition to any type of muscle building program.
The natural formula will support healthy lean muscle mass in men.
The only thing that disappoints me with Alpha JYM is the use of Fenugreek Extact.
It’s not enough to trust an ingredient that has been plastered on the message boards of bro science majors.
You need to check the research and the fact is that there are no clinical trials proving the benefit of fenugreek for testosterone boosting.
In fact, it may cause just the opposite as it blocks the production of the estrogen stabilizer, DHT.
Thankfully, the dose of the Fenugreek Extract in this product is lower than if you were to take it as a stand alone supplement.
Considering the low cost and proven formula, I would recommend Alpha JYM to anyone looking to boost their testosterone or simply supplement healthy t-levels.
- Ambiye, Vijay R. “Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study” November 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3863556.
- Talbott, Shawn. “Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects” jissn.com. 26 May 2013. Web.
- Zhao, J. “Anti-aromatase activity of the constituents from damiana (Turnera diffusa))” December 2008. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18948180.
Have You Used Alpha JYM?
Leave Your Review Below!
Top 3 Testosterone BoostersAffiliate Disclosure
How People Found This Review:and alpha jym review, and alpha jym, and alpha jym reviews, and jym alpha review, and jym alpha, and jym alpha reviews
Check Out My Top Choice For T Boosters - Testofuel Click Here To Read My Review
Ask A Question
User Questions and Answers
Should Alpha jym be cycled, or are the ingredients mild enough to take it for longer periods at a time? -Keith
It doesn't technically need to be cycled, but I think it's a good idea to take a week off every month or two with just about every supplement, just to clean the slate.- Rob
1 out of 1 people found this question helpful.