What Is Qualia
What Is Neurohacking
What Is The Neurohacker Collective
How To Use Qualia
Qualia Side Effects and Warnings
Where To Buy Qualia
Qualia Pros and Cons
The Bottom Line
I started researching, testing, and using nootropic supplements a few years ago.
The idea that you could boost your brain power by taking a pill was intriguing to say the least, and if it worked, imagine the possibilities!
But is there anything to it, or is this industry just a bunch of scammers looking to make a quick buck?
When you factor in an aging baby boomer generation combined with millennials beginning to compete for the top positions in their fields, the potential market is huge.
And the truth is, a huge potential market like this will attract both smart people with a true desire to help a growing segment of the population and scammers who see only dollar signs.
I’ve seen plenty of crap supplements along the way, but there are also some solid products that deliver on the promise.
The trick is being able to distinguish between the two.
What Is Qualia?
Qualia may be the most comprehensive nootropic supplement I’ve ever come across.
It consists of 2 separate steps, containing a total of 42 ingredients.
It was designed around the principle of “Broad Spectrum Cognitive Enhancement” – that in order to truly achieve all that’s possible, there needs to be balance among all the cognitive components of success:
- Drive to succeed
- Motivation to persevere
- Ability to focus and concentrate
- Willpower to continue through adversity
- Capacity to organize thoughts and ideas into positive action
A solution that doesn’t involve all these facets will inevitably not take you all the way to your intended destination.
Neurohacker Collective, the makers of Qualia understand this, and designed a system encompassing each of these facets and more.
Related Article:Nootropics FAQs
Qualia claims to provide all the benefits typically associated with nootropic supplements, and more.
If the claims hold up, this product may truly be a game changer.
In addition to the standard fare, with Qualia, you’ll see:
An end to procrastination with enough motivation and focus to conquer whatever you’ve been putting off till now.
- Vivid dreams that you actually remember.
It’s reported that after adjusting to the product, Qualia users remember their dreams more and understand them as relevant to their lives.
- “Aha moments” where you suddenly realize a vision or put together a thought process that’s been eluding you.
This kind of thing happens when your unconscious mind is working on a problem almost on autopilot until the solution becomes suddenly apparent.
- The ability to respond to and cope with challenges without getting overwhelmed.
- Less getting mired in negative emotional self-talk and the drama that accompanies it.
- Clarity of thought that leads to a re-examination of previously unchallenged beliefs.
As your cognitive functioning evolves and you see things more clearly, your perspectives often change for the better.
What Is Neurohacking?
The Neurohacker Collective website uses this term often and is extremely informative on this subject and several others.
Neurohacking is a movement and the Neurohacker Collective is at or near the center of this movement.
It’s about recognizing human potential, both individually and as a society, and combining nature and technology to empower people and groups to reach their potential and make the world a better place for all of us.
The unique challenge of our time is that while technology has provided so much lifestyle enrichment, it’s also depleted so much of the historical benefit nature has always provided. We all carry encyclopedias and calculators in our pockets, but we our food sources and lifestyles leave us lacking in essential nutrients.
It’s this paradox that the Neurohacker Collective aims to solve.
What Is The Neurohacker Collective?
The Neurohacker Collective is a company that sees itself on the forefront of the Neurohacking movement.
Based in Silicon Valley, their mission is to build a global community of like minded people who believe supplementation and other scientific and lifestyle mechanisms can make it possible to achieve greater heights as a species.
Qualia is their flagship product, but I would imagine it’s not all they’ve got planned.
This is where Qualia comes in.
As the flagship product, it provides a resource for humans to reach their potential in these complicated times.
As we highlight the key components of the comprehensive formula, you’ll undoubtedly see some familiar names.
But it’s important to note that key to the success of Qualia is the dosing and the synergistic way they each work together to achieve the overall goal.
The 42 ingredients in the Qualia formula can be segmented into 7 distinct categories, and presenting them this way is a great way to help break down the way the product works:
Nootropic Compounds are the backbone of the formula.
They essentially improve the way brain chemicals interact with one another and include:
- Noopept which works like a Racetam to increase memory, improve attention, and reduce anxiety.
- Phenylethylamine which improves mood by stimulating dopamine, norepineprhine, and acetylcholine levels.
- Hordenine which increases alertness and concentration by increasing sensitivity to Phenylethylamine.
- Phosphatidylserine which helps protect brain cells while it reduces stress and improves the speed of cognitive processing.
- Vinpocetine which is also neuroprotective.
It improves memory and alertness while decreasing fatigue.
It increases blood flow, decreases inflammation, and upregulates crucial neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine and serotonin.
- Huperzine A which inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine, protects brain cells, and improves sleep, all leading to improved memory and learning.
- Theobromine which is extracted from cocoa beans.
It’s a stimulant related to caffeine, and used to improve attention, alertness, and processing rate.
- DHEA, a hormone which converts to testosterone, indicating its involvement in several bodily processes including cognitive ones.
Its benefits include increased motivation and decreased fatigue.
- Pure Energy (Caffeine and Pterostilbene) (Caffeine-pTeroPure® Co-crystal) which is a patented ingredient that binds caffeine to pterostilbene.
The effect is a slowing of the caffeine’s absorption rate and a lengthening of its half life.
This means a more balanced effect from the caffeine, with no crash.
Neuro-Vitamins are important for neurological development and continuing optimal function.
The Qualia formula uses specifically chosen forms of the necessary vitamins including:
- B Vitamins – Thiamine, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, and Methylcobalamine – which provide a multitude of benefits including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, neuroprotections, cellular energy, upregulation of neurotransmitters, sleep regulation, and many more.
- Vitamin C for it’s antioxidant and neuroprotective properties and well as its ability to improve blood flow.
- Vitamin D3 which delays cell aging along with its antioxidant and neuroprotective abilities.
Neuro-Anti Inflammatories and Antioxidants to facilitate the transport and effectiveness of the components within the formula and include:
- Quercetin which has antioxidant and neuroprotective features and helps delay age related cognitive decline
- Curcumin which is anti-inflammatory and may improve memory.
- Algal DHA which may improve learning ability.
- Green Tea Extract which contains polyphenols, provides antioxidant protections and may improve memory.
- Bioperine which improves absorption of the rest of the formula.
Adaptagen Extracts which prepare the body and mind to respond to their changing environment with more grace and ease.
Included among these is:
- Bacopa Monnieri which may improve memory and recall while performing a neuroprotective function.
- Mucuna Pruriens which contains adaptagenic properties, namely L-Dopa, enhancing mood and improving motivation.
- Ginkgo Biloba which can increase blood flow, easing the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the brain for better overall functioning.
- Coleus Foskohlin which increases cellular energy and improves cellular response to stress.
It works best with Artichoke extract to increase cellular cAMP levels.
- Rhodiola Rosea which increases dopamine levels, leading to a more calm response to stressful situations, including both mental and physical stress.
Like many of the other compounds, it also has neuroprotective properties.
- ActivAMP Gynostemma which is a strong antioxidant that can improve memory and produce anti-aging effects.
Amino Acids which are the building blocks for the neurotransmitters in the brain.
They also produce cellular energy and protect cells from damage, while each also provides its own unique benefit.
Included in the Qualia formula are:
- Acetyl L-Carnitine which decreases fatigue and improves executive function.
- N-Acetyl Tyrosine which increases motivation and concentration.
- Taurine which counters anxiety and improves memory.
- L-Theanine which anxiolytic, helping to ease anxiety, while also improving memory.
Choline Donors which keep acetylcholine and other neurotransmitter levels high, including:
- Centrophenoxine which increases acetylcholine levels in the brain while providing antioxidant and anti-aging benefits as well.
- Citicholine which reduces age-related memory and cognitive decline.
One of its mechanisms of action is to increase the production of acetylcholine.
- Alpha GPC which prevents cognitive decline and improves memory.
It also has neuroprotective qualities, adding to its benefits.
Neuro-Minerals which improve the way each of the other ingredients is metabolized and used, and include:
- Lithium Orotate which is neuroprotective and improves mood and cognition.
- Magnesium Threonate which has both neuroprotective and nootropic effects.
It improves synaptic function and may help decrease migraine pain and discomfort.
- Zinc Picolinate which works as both an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that may improve memory function.
That covers most of the ingredients in the formula, certainly all the highlights.
But it’s also important to note the ingredient amounts.
I’d heard that the folks at the Neurohacker Collective did a very good job of using the right amount of each ingredient.
This is crucial and may be the single most determinative factor in whether or not Qualia works.
What many manufacturers do is throw a dusting of this ingredient and a smidge of that ingredient… just enough to say it’s in the formula, but not nearly enough to be effective.
Neurohacker Collective is different, at least on this point.
They made sure to use clinical amounts where they’ve been established, and to follow norms and standards where they have not.
How To Use Qualia
Here’s where proper dosing is a bit of a downer.
It means that in order to pack effective doses for 42 ingredients into one daily dose, you have to take a whole lot of pills.
The Qualia product is actually divided up into two separate pills, each in its own bottle.
When you place an order, you’ll get both Step One and Step Two. Dosing instructions are very precise.
You are to
- Take 3 Step One capsules first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
After taking your dose, you must wait at least 20-30 minutes before eating.
- At that time, after waiting 20-30 minutes until you eat, you take 6 Step Two capsules with food.
- You should cycle Qualia by taking both Steps for 5 days, then not taking either for 2 days before starting over again.
Presumably taking Qualia Monday through Friday and skipping it on the weekends would work well for most people.
Qualia Side Effects and Warnings
I’ve seen no reported side effects, though that’s not proof positive that they don’t exist.
What it does mean however, is that anything you would experience is likely to be mild.With 6 pills at a time (9 pills a day total), I wouldn’t be surprised if some users – those who have difficulty taking pills, felt some slight nausea shortly after taking their dose.
This would likely be mild and passing,
The label warns that Qualia shouldn’t be taken by people who also take MAO Inhibitors, SSRIs, or any psychiatric medications, or by people with any psychological or neurological disorders.
They also specify people who may be pregnant or are breastfeeding, or those with cancer or high blood pressure.
Basically, if you have a condition and/or take medication, you should check in with your doctor before starting to take Qualia.
Where To Buy Qualia
This is where I probably ought to tell you that Qualia is not cheap.
In fact it’s one of the most expensive nootropic options out there.
The only way to get your hands on it at this time is through the official Neurohacker Collective website.
To purchase a one month supply, you’ll pay $149.
This includes one bottle of Step One and one bottle of Step Two, with enough in each to use the recommended doses five days a week.
You’ll save $20 by signing up for the monthly subscription for $129. In this case, you’ll pay $129 each month and they’ll deliver a new monthly supply.
The company offers a “100 Day 100% Satisfaction” money back guarantee.There’s no need to send the bottle back.Just call and let them know you’re not satisfied and they’ll return the money, which is especially important, given the price.
Qualia Pros and Cons
Advantages of Qualia
- It uses scientifically backed ingredients covering all aspects of cognitive enhancement.
- The doses are based in scientific studies and usage norms, so you can expect it to actually be effective.
- There’s a solid money back guarantee.
- The company provides extensive information on the product and the ingredients.
Disadvantages of Qualia
- It’s very expensive.
The Bottom Line
Qualia appears to be a quality supplement made by a company that truly wants to change the cognitive enhancement landscape.
They’ve provided the research, they’ve enlisted the scientists to create the formula, and in the end, they’ve put together a complete nootropic supplement program.
Anyone wanting to really give cognitive enhancement a try would do well to use Qualia.
The only other way I know to end up with such a complete formula would be to buy the components in bulk and put it together yourself.
But the truth is most people don’t have time for all the research and preparation that this would entail.
We plan on testing this supplement out soon, so be sure to come back soon to check out our updated review.
Have You Used Qualia?
Leave Your Review Below!
Top 3 NootropicsAffiliate Disclosure
Want To See What SupplementsWork Like Adderall? Click Here To Find Out!