TestroVax is a testosterone-boosting supplement that uses a proprietary blend known as Testrothione. According to the official website, this blend was able to increase serum testosterone over baseline by 42% in 12 days.This clinical study was conducted as a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
Adequate levels of testosterone in men is essential for more than just muscle.
Controlled levels of the hormone positively contribute to mood, energy levels, and an overall sense of well being.
TestroVax claims to be able to boost your testosterone levels naturally, which, in turn, will increase your lean muscle mass, boost your libido, and amplify your energy.
How does the “breakthrough” formula in TestroVax stack up against the research and the competition?
TestroVax Ingredients and How They Work
As mentioned above, TestroVax contains a proprietary blend, made up of the following:
- One of the most recent ingredients that fitness companies have been raving about is D-Aspartic acid, which has shown some promise at elevating testosterone levels. While full studies are still inconclusive, D-AA was demonstrated in a clinical study to acutely raise testosterone levels in about 6 – 12 days.
However, this testosterone increase is short lived…after about 30 days, testosterone levels typically return to normal. It’s recommended to cycle on and off supplements containing D-AA on a 3 week on, 1 week off basis because of this.
- Fenugreek has been around for a long time in the commercial testosterone-boosting arena.
Oddly enough, no studies have concluded that it truly boosts testosterone levels.However, fenugreek has been shown to boost glucose utilization.
- A known nitric oxide booster, L-Arginine enhances blood flow through the mechanism of increased nitric oxide production.
- A super antioxidant that has been in the news for its “anti-aging” and anti-inflammatory properties.
GRAPE (SEED) (SKIN) EXTRACT
- Another antioxidant that is critical in removing waste products from within the body.
RHODIOLA ROSEA EXTRACT
- An herb that grows in Siberia and northern Asia, Rhodiola Rosea Extract may be able to lower the stress hormone, cortisol.
In turn, this may help the healthy and natural production of testosterone.
- Licorice is proven to DECREASE testosterone.
Several studies demonstrated the power of licorice to inhibit serum testosterone in men and women. (“Reduction of Serum Testosterone in Men by Licorice” 1999. Para. 1,2,3)
RED CLOVER POWDER
- Red clover has several reported benefits, none of which have been proven in a clinical environment.
In fact, some natural breast enlargement supplements contain it as a main ingredient. No evidence that is has any effect on testosterone levels.
- A well-known aphrodisiac that may boost your libido but does nothing for your hormone levels.
WITHANIA SOMNIFERA EXTRACT
- Like GABA, Withania Somnifera extract has been shown to promote a sense of calm and well-being.While it may help you with occasional anxiety, no studies have concluded any testosterone boosting properties.
- Found in many pre-workout formulas, this amino acids has been shown to help lower cortisol levels.This may allow for your body to increase its natural production of testosterone.
- An ancient Chinese remedy for the common cold.
It does wonders for the sniffles but what about your t-levels? Not a single study has confirmed its ability to boost your testosterone levels.
The TestroVax formula also includes Vitamins B6, B12, and Folic acid, which improve overall health as well as create a supportive environment for the production of testosterone.
The recommended dose is three tablets once a day with breakfast.
This is the dose taken in the clinical study as well.
TestroVax Side Effects
Depending on your individual tolerance of each of the specific ingredients in the proprietary blend, a number of side effects may be possible including the following:
- Heart palpitations
You should not use TestroVax if you have any pre-existing medical condition, including but not limited to: high or low blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, heart, liver, or thyroid disease, anxiety, depression, seizure disorder, psychiatric disease, diabetes, pernicious anemia, difficulty urinating due to prostate enlargement, or if you are taking an MAO inhibitor or any other medication.
TestroVax Pros and Cons
- Try as I might, I could not find any advantages to taking this product.
On their own, certain ingredients may be extremely beneficial; however, their benefits are overshadowed by other ingredients that may counteract them.
- The cost: At $70 for a one-month supply, your attempt to naturally boost your testosterone levels is going to add up quickly.
- Most of the ingredients within the proprietary blend have no evidence of boosting testosterone levels or, even worse, they lower testosterone levels in men.
- Depending on your medical history, TestroVax can cause serious complications.
When you visit the official website, Novex Biotech, and scan the reviews, it quickly becomes clear that they are one sided.Even the “negative” reviews still have three stars out of five.Novex Biotech is a brand that GNC endorses, so it isn’t a surprise that when you check out the reviews for this product on the GNC site, they are equally as one sided.
Heading over to Amazon, one of the most popular and most times brutally honest source for reviews, you may be surprised to discover that TestroVax isn’t carried on the site.
Most other products by Novex Biotech are available, but not this one.
Unfortunately, there are no video reviews on the supplement.
The lack of credible reviews from various sources should raise an eyebrow in most consumers.
Where to Buy TestroVax
As mentioned above, the main places to find TestroVax are on the main website (www.novexbiotech.com) and the GNC website (www.GNC.com).
You may also find the product on several lesser known online retailers. The 30-day supply (90-count bottle) sells for $69.99, plus shipping.
The ingredients line-up in Testrovax is good, but in my opinion I think it’s missing a few key components. Most notably, the addition of ingredients like Magnesium, Oyster extract, and zinc can all play a role in increasing your testosterone levels to a healthy state, which of course this formula is missing.
However, the reviews over at Bodybuilding.com show some promise…raters give it a 8.1/10 star rating, so it MUST be working for SOME guys. If you’re looking for a healthy, all natural alternative to testosterone replacement therapy, Testrovax just might be the answer you’re looking for.
Whether you decide to go with this one or not, just remember that it quite pricey and if you are looking for a product of this type that you are going to take long term then this one is going to add up, but it is also quite effective by most accounts.
Have you used TestroVax by Novex Biotech?Leave your review below!
1. Decio, Armanini, M.D. “Reduction of Serum Testosterone in Men by Licorice” 1999. http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199910073411515.
Top 3 Testosterone BoostersAffiliate Disclosure
4 Star User Reviews
Have you used this supplement?
Husbands approval of Testrovac
My husband works alot of hours,so getting in the jym is next to impossible on a regular basis. He started to take Testrovac with Factor 9 about 6 months agao, WE have seen his shoulders more defined , His libido is higher then I have ever known it to be, I have been with him 15 years. My husband is between 40-45. The gains in the jym are faster and he maintains them even after weeks off. I am cautious to take the Testrovac, I did a few times and my aggression went up, I noticed I did not have the patients I needed for my patients at work. So I will look for something else for a women. He plans on continuing this products use, We look for on sale deals, because it is pricey
4 out of 8 people found this review helpful.
Check Out My Top Choice For T Boosters - Testofuel Click Here To Read My Review
Ask A Question
User Questions and Answers
Hi I just started to take testrovax today,and I usually train in the morning can I take 3 pills with a banana before gym on empty stomach? -Kareem
That should be fine. They recommend it with breakfast, probably to prevent any stomach upset. If you can take 3 pills with a banana and not get an upset stomach, you'll be fine.- Rob
3 out of 3 people found this question helpful.
Can women use TestroVax? -Laura
Sure, plenty of women use natural testosterone boosters for weight loss, lean muscle gain, and even mood elevation.- Rob
3 out of 3 people found this question helpful.
Hi, how long should you take the stack of Factor-9 and TestroVax before getting off the cycle? I'm been taking the stack for 21 days and was wondering if I continue taking the stacks are there any side effects. -Johnnie
Hey Johnnie, You don't have to cycle off at all to avoid side effects, like you would with steroids. That said, I usually recommend taking a week or two off after taking any supplement for about 8 weeks. It just resets the system and keeps your body from becoming too accustomed to the natural ingredients in the supplements.- Rob
2 out of 2 people found this question helpful.
Hi is it ok to take testrovax with l-carnitine liquid? -Kareem
Not a problem at all.- Rob
Hi,I started taking testrovax 5days ago and from 5days Iam not sleeping well does testrovax have any thing to do with it? -Kareem
Sleeplessness is listed as a potential side effect, so it could be related.- Rob