There’s no question we live in very competitive times.
Whether you’re writing your Master’s thesis or preparing the big presentation at work that you’re hoping lands you that promotion, you know you have to work harder and smarter than ever to get to where you want to be.
That’s why you hear about so many people taking ADD/ADHD medication just to stay on top of things.
But there are side effects that come along with taking those, not to mention it’s illegal unless you have a prescription.
But there is an alternative, and it’s called truBRAIN.
TruBRAIN belongs to a class of supplements called Nootropics.
These are safe, legal, over-the-counter supplements designed to improve cognitive function, memory, recall, motivation, and mood, so you can accomplish more than you ever thought possible.
There are lots of nootropics on the market (more each day in fact), but what sets truBRAIN apart is that it has been developed and tested by scientists so it’s got a formula based on solid evidence.
So let’s see just what goes into the formula.
TruBRAIN Ingredients and How They Work
Another thing that sets truBRAIN apart from a lot of the rest is that the website not only lists the ingredients, but it also lists the amounts and provides a detailed explanation of what they each do.
To summarize, the ingredients are:
- Piracetam (2.4g) which is the main driver in the formula.
It’s long been known to be one of the best cognitive enhancers around.
This compound is not broken down in the body like caffeine is, and it helps boost the information processing function of the brain by improving the action of certain receptors.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine (375mg) which is an antioxidant that provides energy for cells by converting fatty acids into cellular energy.
It is thought to also prevent cell deterioration and decline.
- CDP-Choline(375mg) which is a form of choline, used to build and repair cell membranes.
It’s a key component to acetyl choline, a neurotransmitter used for attention, memory, and learning.
CDP-Choline increases choline uptake in the brain.
- DHA (200mg) which is an Omega 3 fatty acid which reduces damage to cell membranes.
We tend to get enough Omega 6s in our diets, but Omega 3 supplementation is necessary to improve mood, focus, and brain health.
- Magnesium (120mg) which is involved in cell metabolism and protein synthesis.
It modulates neuronal excitability and reduces stress to ensure proper cell communication.
- Pramiracetam (300mg) which stimulates attention, learning and memory.
It boosts creativity and general cognitive functioning.
A month’s supply of TruBRAIN includes 4 doses of Pramiracetam to use as boosts when you need them.
- L-Theanine (300mg) which is an amino acid and antioxidant that relieves stress while promoting relaxation and increasing focus by incraesing levels of GABA in the brain.
- Tyrosine (375mg) which is an amino acid which improves alertness even when faced with a lack of sleep.
It’s a precursor to dopamine which raises energy levels and improves attention and mood.
It is sometimes used to counteract the decline of cognitive function at times of high stress.
Since we originally wrote this review, Trubrain has actually come out with a new and improved “Boost” formula, which contains the following:
- Noopept which is actually a very potent nootropic substance on it’s own that I’ve personally tested in a wide variety of supplements.
Noopept is a peptide promoted and prescribed in Russia, and is available over the counter here in the US.
Trubrain contains 12 mg of Noopept, which is a standard sized dose.
- Oxiracetam is also a nootropic, and is actually a member of the Racetam family.
Although it has no known medical uses here in the US, user reports indicate that it is helpful at motivating you to get stuff done, as well as clear any distractions.
Trubrain carries 800 mg of Oxiracetam, which is generally a medium sized dose.
- Uridine Monophosphate is a very popular all natural ADHD alternative, and produces a calming, anti-anxiety like effect, as well as keen focus.500 mg.
- L-Carnitine, as discussed above.
- Centrophenoxine, which is a source of choline.
- Magnesium, as discussed above.
- L-theanine, as discussed above.
- Caffeine, which we all know what it does.
TruBRAIN has undergone some small clinical trials, and the results have been impressive.
They show significant increases in attention, focus, visualization, and calm.
It’s also 39 times less toxic to the brain and body than Adderall is.
In addition, the main ingredient in TruBRAIN, Piracetam, has been tested and shown to improve brain functioning significantly and in several ways.
We personally got a chance to test out Trubrain, check out our video review below:
We have yet to test out the Boost formula yet, but plan on doing so soon so be sure to come back and re check the review!
TruBRAIN Pros and Cons
Advantages of TruBRAIN
- It was developed by a team of doctors and neuroscientists.
- The formula, including amounts, is disclosed and explained.
- It has undergone clinical testing.
- The few TruBRAIN reviews from customers who use it are positive, saying that the packets are convenient and the pills are effective, allowing them to be more productive and focused throughout the day.
Disadvantages of TruBRAIN
- It’s a lot of pills to take each day, especially in the load up phase.
- It’s expensive.
The folks at TruBRAIN are making every attempt to make and sell the ultimate nootropic supplement, the one that makes all the others obsolete.
Their medical, research, and marketing teams are all in place to achieve that goal.
TruBRAINis an expensive product, but if it works, it may very well be worth the high price tag.
Have You Used TruBRAIN? Leave Your Review Below!
Our Top Choice For Nootropics – Optimind
It’s made up of a high quality combination of all natural ingredients that are designed to promote laser focus, increase memory, cognition, and energy, and help to improve overall concentration.
Click Here to learn more in my official review.
Want To See What Supplements
Work Like Adderall? Click Here To Find Out!